National U.S. Ag Ed Listserv
The National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE) in cooperation with Purdue University has developed an electronic mail listserv for use by agricultural education teachers, state staff, teacher educators, and others interested in agricultural education. The listserv allows someone to send one message to the listserv and have that message forwarded on to all subscribers to the list. It has capabilities to send text messages and attached files.
At NAAE's request, Purdue University has established the listserv as a "closed" list. This means that ag ed professionals must send a message requesting to be added to the list. A closed list protects its subscribers from receiving "spam mail" and helps to eliminate unrelated e-mail traffic. The list will archive messages on a monthly basis, which can be accessed at a later time.
- Address an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave the subject blank.
- In the body of the message enter: subscribe usaged-l Your_First_Name Your_Last_Name. Do not put anything else in the body of the message.
- Send the message.
- You should receive an immediate email saying your request has been forwarded to the list owner for approval.
- It may take up to 24 hours for the list owner to approve your subscription request.
- You will receive a “You have been added to the Usaged-l list” email. Please keep this email for future reference.
Send a message:
- Address an e-mail note to email@example.com (Note that the "l" in these addresses is a lowercase "L.")
- Enter (type or paste) a subject line.
- Enter (type or paste) your message.
- Send the message. Your message will be delivered to everyone who is subscribed to the listserv.
- Address a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave the subject blank
- In the body of the message, type SIGNOFF usaged-l
- Send the message. You should receive a confirmation email that you have been removed from the list.
USAGED-L "Rules of the Road" — Listserv Usage and Etiquette