National U.S. Ag Ed Listserv
The National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE) in cooperation with Purdue University has developed an electronic mail listserv for use by agricultural education teachers, state staff, teacher educators, and others interested in agricultural education. The listserv allows someone to send one message to the listserv and have that message forwarded on to all subscribers to the list. It has capabilities to send text messages and attached files.
At NAAE's request, Purdue University has established the listserv as a "closed" list. This means that ag ed professionals must send a message requesting to be added to the list. A closed list protects its subscribers from receiving "spam mail" and helps to eliminate unrelated e-mail traffic. The list will archive messages on a monthly basis, which can be accessed at a later time.
- Go to the US Ag Ed Listserv web page.
- Scroll to the section entitled Subscribing to Usaged-l.
- Enter your email address and name.
- You may choose to enter a password. If you do not choose a password, one will automatically be generated for you and will be sent with your email confirmation.
- Click subscribe.
- After approval from the moderator, you will be subscribed to the list.
- Please save this confirmation email for future reference.
Send a message:
- Address an e-mail note to email@example.com (Note that the "l" in these addresses is a lowercase "L.")
- Enter (type or paste) a subject line.
- Enter (type or paste) your message.
- Send the message. Your message will be delivered to everyone who is subscribed to the listserv.
- Refer to the confirmation email that you received when you subscribed to the listserv. It will contain detailed information regarding cancellation.
- You may also unsubscribe from the list by going to https://lists.purdue.edu/mailman/listinfo/usaged-l.
- Scroll down to the Usaged-l Subscribers section.
- Enter the email address that you subscribed to the listserv under and click unsubscribe or edit options.
USAGED-L "Rules of the Road" — Listserv Usage and Etiquette