Future Agriscience Teacher Symposiums
The National Teach Ag Campaign is hosting a virtual Future Agriscience Teacher (FAST) Symposium for all current NAAE Student Member preservice agricultural education students across the United States for FREE! This LIVE professional development event is held in conjunction with National Teach Ag Day, September 17th, 2020! FOLLOW THIS LINK TO APPLY!
The Future Agriscience Teacher (FAST) Symposium is a professional development experience for preservice agricultural education majors which provides customized professional development, networking, and mentoring with current and future agriculture teachers and stakeholders from across the country.
The FAST Symposium will take place from 4-8pm EDT on Thursday, September 17th 2020.
The FAST Symposium will focus on the following:
- Creating an inclusive classroom environment
- Inquiry-Based Learning
- Classroom Management
- Professional development
- Student teaching and first-year preparation
- Job Interview success
To be eligible to apply for this program, each applicant must be:
Program Application Procedure
- an agricultural education major at a college or university that offers a program of study in agricultural education-teacher certification track or similar licensure program that ends in being certified to teach agriculture at the secondary level; M. Ed initial licensure majors are also eligible to apply as long as they have never taught before. (Priority is given to those who are close to completing their degree (seniors, student teaching candidates).
- those who have attended a FAST session in previous years are eligible to apply.
- majoring in agricultural education or similar degree with intentions to become an agriculture teacher;
- enrolled in an agricultural education degree program or similar licensure track program for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021.
- a 2020-2021 NAAE student member. Check membership status with NAAE office (859) 967-2892.
Interested and eligible preservice teachers must complete the application below by 11:59pm Eastern on Wednesday, September 2nd- no exceptions
. Submit early so you are not dealing with last-minute technology issues. Please check NAAE student member status prior to applying. FOLLOW THIS LINK TO APPLY!
If you have questions, contact Andrea Fristoe by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (859) 967-2892.
The Future Agriscience Teacher (FAST) Symposiums are a component of the National Teach Ag Campaign, an initiative of the National Council for Agricultural Education, managed by the National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE) with funding support from the CHS Foundation, Corteva Agriscience, Growth Energy, and BASF as a special project of the National FFA Foundation.