Teach Agriculture Event
New Jersey FFA Association
New Jersey Department of Agriculture
P.O. Box 330
Trenton, NJ 08625
FAX: (609) 633-2421
In cooperation with New Jersey Department of Education
To provide an opportunity for members who are aspiring future agriculture educators to demonstrate their desire to teach and to promote teaching agriculture as a profession.
Participants will submit a lesson plan by April 9th and facilitate 10 minutes of that lesson in a mock classroom setting at the State FFA Convention. (Exact date, time, and location will be outlined in the State FFA Convention Announcement and Registration materials.
- One participant per chapter can compete in the event.
- Written lesson plans must be submitted postmarked by April 9th.
- Participants will present the 10 minutes of their total lesson plan at the State FFA Convention. Participants will begin the lesson demonstration by introducing the lesson title and objectives.
- The lesson plan must be written by student delivering the lesson and must be from his/her own effort.
- Lesson plans must be based on a forty-five (45) minute class period.
- Lesson plans must be developed using the template desscription provided.
- The content of the lesson is the participant’s decision. However, it must relate to one of the Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources career pathways (Food Products and Processing Systems, Plant Systems, Animal Systems, Biotechnology Systems, Power, Structural & Technical Systems, Natural Resources Systems, Environmental Services Systems, or Agribusiness Systems).
- Participants will be evaluated on their facilitation skills, as well as how well they convey the agriculture lesson.
- Participants are encouraged to use whatever materials they see fit, i.e. flip charts, chalk boards, PowerPoint, handouts, etc. Participants are responsible for providing all materials other than a chalkboard (this includes chalk). Participants should plan for 5 judges.
- Participants will be given 5 minutes to set-up and 5 minutes to take-down.
- Participants are encouraged to use curriculum resources; however, they must not plagiarize materials and pass them off as their own.
- First place will be recognized at the State FFA Convention.
- First place will be recognized with a plaque.